I want to assign different resources/activities to different groups of students. How can I do that?
To assign different resources or activities to different groups of students using groupings:
- Create groups:
- At the course page, click Users option from Course Administration.
- Click Groups option under Users sub-menu.
- Click Groupings tab.
- Click Create Grouping button.
- Type the Grouping Name.
- Click Save Changes button.
- Click "Show groups in grouping" icon at Edit column of groupings you have created.
- Select a group to add to the grouping and click Add button.
- Click "Back to groupings" button.
- Create as many grouping as you need. (Generally each group will be added to a grouping.)
Add an activity or resource:
- At the course page, click Turn editing on.
- Click Add an activity or resource link.
- Select an activity or resource.
- Fill in the required fields.
- Adjust settings if required.
- Expand "Common Module Settings" section.
- Select "Separate groups" from "Group mode" dropdown menu.
- Select the grouping that you want this activity/resource be visible to from "Grouping" dropdown menu.
- Check Available for group members only box to hide this activity/resource from others.
- Click Save and return to page button.